Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Best Birthday EVER!

So I kicked off my birthday festivities a couple of weeks before the date of my birth - due to a previously planned trip to the West Coast.


It began with a cookout at the crib that the homey, B and Coy, made it up for along with Coy's friend, Jeanette. Nothing out of the ordinary...I have a cookout year-after-year. What made this year so much more fun was that fact that I actually made it out later in the evening to go partying.

I have habitually enjoyed myself a bit too much (*coughs*) at the cookout to make it out on the town. This year was different, though, as we hit up The Office in Raleigh!

B and Coy

Alex made a three hour drive after a 15-hour work day to party with The Kid

A week later, Annie and I hopped a plane to the West Coast to chill in Palm Springs, California.

That's an oxymoron because it was hot as HELL out there. 108 or hotter every single day. Crazy! The place was scenic and serene, though, with mountains in every direction you looked. I love mountains.

The San Jacinto Mountains...I believe

We mostly kicked back with plans to go to L.A. on my birthday. Then...we decided to bring in my birthday in LAS VEGAS, a four-hour drive from the balmy Palm Springs. The Strip and Planet Hollywood were the spots where we brought the party! We met a cool dude name Andy out there who, like us, came to really have a good time. Good times, indeed!

Plus, I don't know how he worked it out...but even Elvis came to party with The Kid.

I don't ask questions.

Vegas buddies, Andy and Elvis


The Joneses on The Vegas Strip, "Happy Birthday to me!"

After a night of frolicking, we woke up and drove it over to Los Angeles for a birthday lunch at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.

"We came from three time zones away just to eat here!"


My Howard U., School of C folks know about Mr. Micheaux

After all of this fun, we made our way back to the East Coast.

I've been saying it since I've been back home: this was my best birthday ever! Not only because of the overwhelming fun I had or the great presents that I received - no, solely because of the folks took the time to spend time with The Kid in celebration of my birthday. Who knew turning 27 could be so fun and exciting!?

Now, the plan is to talk my Pops into going along with him on a European trek that he's been pondering for a few years.

Get those fingers crossed!

No comments: