Sunday, March 22, 2009

Advice from Who???

I think Steve Harvey is a very talented guy.

His stand-up comedy specials are always funny; his ventures in television have been marginally successful; and his syndicated radio show strikes me as very entertaining whenever I have a chance to listen to it (it doesn't air in Raleigh-Durham).

However, I cannot wrap my brain around the notion that women are rushing to stores to buy his book, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man. A book that, surprisingly, is not filled with anecdotal humor. No. It is a relationship book. Geared towards women. From a comedian. A male comedian.

Am I missing something?

To Steve's credit, he admits that he's not a relationship expert. He's an expert at being a man and knowing the way a man thinks. After saying, "Sh*t, me too (expletive)...", under my breath, I decided to take my hater shades off and do something positive instead.

I'm going to BUY and read the book solely to see what all of the fuss is about.

Maybe Mr. Hightower (y'all know y'all remember The Steve Harvey Show on the WB...stop fronting) will be able to help a lot of women gain a better understanding of the male species.

Now, that in itself is funny.

No comments: